Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer just got sweeter

When you live somewhere for a really long time you think you know your area. But, I can tell you, we are having some pleasant surprises lately. First, the realization that the Jordan River Parkway Trail is now accessible from my home by merely walking up a block and crossing a street. They just completed the section nearest our house and it is lovely running my friends. Next, that the Legacy Parkway Trail will be accessible from our house in the foreseeable future and it has at this moment 14 miles of car-less bike riding enjoyment. And, just to put icing on that already lovely (and proverbial) cake, Ari met a girl who lives down the street tonight and they became fast friends. On a trivial side note, Ari's new friend and I share a birthday- how cool is that? But wait, there is more, neighbor girl has a three year old sister. Can you even believe it? Summer is here and it is sweet. I am so pleased I may even have to start posting photos again.

No comments:

Post a Comment