Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sensitive

Being sick for most of January and the early part of February and gutting my diet to get things managed led to some incredible discoveries for me. Specifically, that I am incredibly sensitive to both wheat and sugar. I had a really fascinating experience when I had wheat for the first time after a week of veggies, juicing, rice, chicken and really basic foods. I ate pizza with our family and felt drunk. Vision blurred, head woozy, not thinking straight drunk. I found the experience less disconcerting than I did revealing. Somehow, I had been having this reaction to certain foods and not noticed. I had a similar reaction to sugar after eating cupcakes on Monday night and I still can't wrap my head around how I could be so altered and not know it until having these experiences. I can honestly say that getting really sick was probably the best thing that could have happened. Without being so totally unwell, I might not have stumbled upon just how much these two very normal things affect me. (Ari, pretending Panda is her new baby, photo taken by Mina)

No comments:

Post a Comment