Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lost in Translation

Last night we were driving home from Utah County after spending the day with family. I was sort of lost in my own thoughts, Mina was asleep, and Ari was playing Pokemon on her Nintendo DS. I was not really listening to her but Ari was singing. For some reason I thought I would try to understand what she was singing.

Song #1
I smell like a sound
A leaf on the ground
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
I drop like a pound
a leaf on the ground
and I'm hungry like the wolf

Song #2
Oh Oh Oh changing love
Oh oh oh changing love

Two things are very clear. Like her mother she just makes up lyrics when she cannot understand what is being said and we probably should listen to something besides the 80's on CD. Song #1 Hungry Like the Wolf and Song #2 Tainted Love by Soft Cell

No comments:

Post a Comment