Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vocabulary

After listening to Rich Dad, Poor Dad all morning, I just had the following conversation with Ari.

Ari: Mom, can I have that Bratz game they just showed on the television?

Me: Well, I want to see if you understand a couple words. You ready?

Ari: (rolling her eyes)

Me: Is that game an asset, liability, luxury, or necessity?

Ari: What are those?

Me: An asset makes you money. A liability takes your money. A necessity is something you have to have like food. A luxury is something you earn but it is not a necessity.

Ari: Um, I am not sure

Me: Well in my book it is a luxury which means you need to figure out a way to earn it.

Ari: (You can see the realization that mom and dad have a different mindset going on here) hmm, I will get back to you.

It seems our homeschool "curriculum" is deepening and extending naturally. Helping the kids gain a better understanding of how to make money work for them is one of my many, many goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment